Technically, I suppose, this is the little double window, the pinnacle we have been drawing up to over the weeks. The final day of Advent. Always a bit of a let down as tomorrow is really the day we are waiting for isn't it? It is however the day we as children were told to go to bed early and get a good night's sleep. So the double window is really the first sign that things are going to change soon, so by the end of the day we are so wound up and exhausted from the final day's preparations, we are ready for bed. As adults we do the things expected of adults to prepare the house for Father Christmas' silent visit and wait for the first stirrings of dawn and the inevitable early start.
So what has this calendar been preparing for? I'm not sure. Perhaps a way of encouraging me to put something down each day? To acknowledge this side to me on a daily basis and how it sits within my daily routines? Because it does. To deny this side to me is not helpful. Things become too one sided and imposing, dark and claustrophobic. What has this month come before? That is for tomorrow to find out! A portent or many portents in the same way as the last 24 this month. I feel positive for the near future. There will be the usual trials of life, but I am hopeful that this balance will become even more ingrained. Time to start putting more back into my life again if I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment