About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Advent Calendar 21

Back in work and nothing really said about my new hair colour. Wasn't really expecting much else. My team were out of the office visiting another service, so I spent most of the day on my own, talking to people over the phone and watching the snow fall outside late afternoon, over the Thames. Tomorrow... Christmas lunch as well, so a chance to relax a tad. Missed two chances for Christmas get togethers so far this year. Third time lucky perhaps.

Top tip of the day... Don't take the weather forecast at face value in the morning. Ended up walking a fair distance tonight from the train station when ordinarily I would take a bus. The heavy snow had slowed all the traffic down and walking was exceedingly quicker. Nothing much to worry about except I wasn't in the right foot attire. Red baseball boots do not do the same job as my faithful walking boots. As they soaked in the water I recalled the information passed on to me during a school field trip in my youth. Keep moving as the body temperature will adjust the temperature of the clothing around the feet. And whaddayaknow? It worked! I also kept myself moving forward the ongoing momentum seemed to counteract the fact my shoes had no grip at all. However on getting home and stopping suddenly my feet transformed to cold lumps of ice. Shoes, soggy socks and tights were a devil to take off. Tomorrow even though it may not look great I'm wearing my trusty boots which only come out in such weather and have done me proud over the years.

No comments: