OK two things today...
The first is I am surprised at how little difficulty I had in contacting the Director of Employee Relations today to put forward my thoughts about the possibility of there being an LGBT Lead in the organisation. Such thoughts were invited and not an idea of my own. I have in effect outed myself to someone I work with and not the people I thought I would either, but I felt it was important that the T side of this should at least be given some consideration. Whether this was a wise decision I don't know yet. I have asked that my confidentiality is respected etc, but let's see. It was just something I felt needed to be said and if the outcome proves to be problematic then that's another bridge to cross.
The second is seeing prejudice where it might not be. So I chose not to fully comment on something elsewhere because I do not know the full story. Not about TG issues but instead this time mental health. It got my goat a bit. Maybe its time to not get so involved in some aspects of my life that have been so prominent over the last two years or so? Maybe its time to develop my own initiatives and life rather than remain in one place?
No comments:
Post a Comment