About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Saturday, 19 December 2009

Advent Calendar 18

Quite a slow drawn out day today. Felt like Wednesday rather than a Friday and I still expect to wake tomorrow feeling like I should go to work. Have to stop talking about tomorrow before it has even happened that just goes to show how dull it has been today and quiet too. Till tomorrow...

But... Was looking at something today by Stonewall in Scotland about Transgender Support in the Workplace. A lot was about support for people who are, have or intend to transition, but a part was about people like me and what employers could do to support us within their workplace. It appeared to be outside current legislation but encouraged this way of thinking anyway. Anyhow it rang a bell and reflected I think what I am asking of my own workplace at the moment. To recognise that within he workforce there are TG people who don't identify as TS, who are happy to live in their birth gender etc most of the time and don't feel the need to be out, for both personal and possible negative reactions. That they should encourage education within the workforce and put in place a TG champion, to create a safer environment, whether people come out or not, as it helps to create less perceived difficulties on the part of the individual. Not sure I'm making sense. if you know the publication I mean you will understand. I am of course going to recommend the piece in work when the opportunity arises. Rang a few bells with me and clarified some of what I am looking for support wise out of the fog that is the closeted TG person who would like to see/do more but remain anonymous.

No comments: