About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Advent Calendar 20

There are certain things that in my life I have made a mental note, that are of paramount importance, and worthy of passing on to my offspring. This year has marked three such things. One was handed down to me by my father, the other two not sadly, but I'm sure he would have done given the chance. The first is the original Blues Brothers, which went down well. The second was Monty Python's Flying Circus TV series of which my son enjoyed the animations best. Finally tonight was Monty Python & The Holy Grail. I have realised in doing so that these may not result in instant epiphanies of humour. Much went way over his head and some was quite boring for him, much in the same way as it did for me at the same age as I recall. But he has tested the waters and felt comfortable paddling in such humour. I know he will return one day to revisit these in his own time and of his own cognition. Mother's and daughters form a bond of trust talking honestly woman to woman. Do men form a bond through humour quoting things like "No Ma'am we're Musicians", "We are the Knights who say Ni!", or, "Nobody suspects the Spanish Inquisition!"? Over simplified I realise. I know plenty of men who have honest conversations with their mums and many women who hold their own in quoting comedy lines till the cows come home. But you know what I mean. In the years to come there will be more to pass on of such importance if I get the chance. "That's my boy!"

No comments: