Ah! That's better!
The day before yesterday was Christmas lunch day. Which turned into an afternoon and then evening. The lunch was not the usual Christmas fayre. It was decided that we go to a tapas restaurant instead. It was very nice and there was more than enough to feed our appetites. We then went on to a pub which specialised in serving cheese, which was different and strangely a good evening, (don't knock it unless you've tried it).
I was the only male amongst ten women and yes I enjoyed the different dynamics of the whole day. Quite a different sort of experience. For a start with the longer hair etc, at a glance I seemed to blend in to the outside eye and was often referred to as Madam/Miss or one of the ladies by the staff that served us. Eventually that was amended as time went on. My colleagues found this quite funny of course. I said I didn't mind, which of course I didn't. The whole feel of the day was different. The conversation etc was, as to be expected, decidedly feminine in its approach. I don't mean girly. I mean conversation dynamics etc, mature, open and inclusive. My colleagues didn't feel uncomfortable enough with me in their midst to not be. I loved it, learnt a lot and soaked up the whole thing. As I said to a colleague the next day who asked if I felt uncomfortable being the only man there, "This may seem a strange answer, but it was nice to be one of the girls."
No comments:
Post a Comment