Sometimes you have to ask yourself whether it is better to do all that you can, irrespective of what may be right and honest, to ensure your child gets the best possible chance in life. For me the answer has to be no. It is far better to know you have tried your best, to be where you are. People will scoff and say that to say that would be doing my child a disservice that they will not know how to handle themselves in the cut and thrust of this modern world. Far from it they will instead know how to pick up the pieces left behind and help those who fall from from those lofty heights in which they so precariously place themselves.
On the flipside I know that I am not being honest about who I am because I don't want to mess up my child's development and own identity exploration. For me he is too vulnerable and I wouldn't want him to suffer for me, if that makes sense? My choice but others cannot hide this side and have to be honest saying it will make their children stronger and their relationship with them.
Don't you just love a conflicting parenting style?
No comments:
Post a Comment