About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Resolute About Resolutions...

...that I for one won't necessarily be making any just for the sake of it being New Year. What happens for the other 364 days of the year? I can't help however, looking back over the past twelve months, no decade, as people are pointing out and seeing what has happened to me and my family. This in turn is making me look at where we are now and naturally my thoughts are looking at what may happen in the future. So in this respect I concede there may be an opportunity to 'tweak' my aspirations and goals, but not in the concrete sense that the term 'resolution' intimates. Who knows what may be ahead? What life will throw at us? And how we will react to this when it happens? I can see what has been put in place to affect me this year, mostly positive, some needs strengthening after the trials of 2009. Sources of some external support I really haven't relied upon as much as I feel I have outgrown them in a way. That doesn't deny the great support they gave or might give in the future, but for now they are not as relevant to me and haven't adapted, dare I say it aren't as flexible to do so once someone has a modicum of confidence about who they are. Support for me is coming from closer to home. That is what I need to concentrate on I feel, as it appears to be also offering an opportunity to offer support back in whatever small way.

My life is unique, in much the same way as yours is unique. Never quite the same from person to person. I've got a lot of work to do this year/decade. Things to try and change. Things to bolster. Other things to let go. Some will be hard as I have become accustomed to living in a surreptitiously destructive way at times, inactive and often wasting precious time. I need time to relax, to be me as well. Keep looking for balance. Others are relying on me too.

Enough meandering through my thoughts for now. Not sure if it is making sense. Happy New Year. Be happy. Have fun if you can.

No comments: