About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Dance of Many Veils

Indeed it is. Many sides to us, many veils, choreographed into a sensual graceful piece of performance which we put on for the world around us. Deciding how much to show the world, a little delectation, how much not to show as too much will loose the mystique in its entirety. Occasionally we may loose concentration and slip, stumble, step out of time to the music. We fumble, grab at the falling veil(s) twisting, unnaturally contorting to ensure the dance can continue.

This isn't my second blog of the year. It is in fact my third. The second now deleted, never published, was started over a week ago. Prompted mostly by watching "The Hours". A film I would recommend but only when you are feeling at your best. I so needed to out pour my feelings afterwards. It took a few days to get back on kilter. Made me think about my failings as a father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a human being at times, exacerbated by physical health problems in recent years to which I am now cursed(?) no... tied, scrub that... living with. Sometimes writing it down is the best tonic. It doesn't have to be published. Putting it into context, realising it is part of the impetus, the drive, for the dance of life which we put on for the world around us to see, is what gives it the gravitas, the feeling, understanding and empathy that needs to be conveyed, without leaving too much on show and enough for the imagination to delight in.

And so the dance goes on...

Now can anyone explain how you are supposed to keep the jewel in your belly button without it popping out?

No comments: