About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Sunday, 2 August 2009

Some Things Are Strangely Relative

Went to a family do recently and got some very strange reactions. Not what I would usually expect to get, with the longish hair and amber ear studs, which happens occasionally. This was different and I didn't know how to react.

A little background I think might help to explain. My Grandfather died 34 years ago and for whatever reasons I have never met his side of the family since I was extremely young and cannot recall doing so. I was invited to attend a do by my great aunt, (his sister), via my mother. Now I know I have a likeness to my grandfather, both in looks and ways but I never knew how much until the night of the do. Through out the night I would be in conversation with people and would occasionally be confronted by "oooh!", a slightly puzzled look and a step back. I had no way to report back except to ask "what?" and feel extremely uncomfortable. I transpires I am much much more like my grandfather than I realised, so much so that I think in some freak genetic way he was haunting the proceedings through me. Quelle horreur?! His sisters and in laws seemed a little taken aback. Anyhow I'm sure we will get used to it, all round, in time.

No comments: