About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Glimmers

Two things stood out for me today.

First was a post on Angels which led me to read an interview with Richard O'Brien in the Times. It provided some hope to me to see someone so well known who has experienced what many of us do, have, or are at the moment. I truly can identify with much of what he said being somewhere on the TG scale and how trying to find a balance, rather than seeing this all as something seedy and weird was what helped him. I have to admit that I have been thinking that way for over five to six years. Sometime progressing my balance within the world around me is what makes things difficult. Nice to know I'm not alone.

The second was the last song on my MP3 player playing randomly before switching off and starting work. The song was "Hold On" by Wilson Phillps. Closed my eyes at my desk and let the words fill my mind and being, miming the words full of expression and feeling. Then opening my eyes to find my colleague sitting opposite and us both laughing at my embarrassment.

Alone again tonight and still not glimpsed inside the wardrobe. Decided to shave my legs instead. A laborious task given I am quite hirsute usually and choose not to do this often given the time it takes and save it for special occasions instead. Added to this my wife prefers her cuddly hairy man. So I keep the status quo happily. I just need to now for some reason. I'll let it grow back, but will have to be sure I keep them out of sight of my son. He's young and I do enough as a grumpy Dad etc without this additional thing to mess him up.

No comments: