About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Friday, 10 July 2009

How Do You Do and Shake Hands

And the Winner is...

We held the interviews today and came away with a few good candidates. Tomorrow will show if we did enough to impress them, (yes the interview is a two way process), and if one will want to work for us and put up with my silly puns and often facile humour, (oh how I try not to act like David Brent, but often catch myself sounding so like him!).

Every Now and Then...

Someone enters your life who you think would be a great friend, (I should add platonic friend in case my wife reads this and worries unnecessarily). These moments are so, so few in a lifetime and you need to act otherwise you might regret not doing so. Such a moment has happened to me this week. Our office held a team building day away from the office which finished with drinks in the pub, as these things often do. Wine was flowing freely and we were all chatting about different things. One colleague was amazing the rest of us with her knowledge of astrology and her uncanny ability to relate this to who we are. For me it was said I portray myself in two ways. My public side and then my other side which I would only show at home to my partner and only because that trust is there to do so. This side will be nothing like what people elsewhere see. There is more but this is the main gist of what was said. I'm sat there listening, agreeing and also thinking whether this person knows about the TG side to me. Either by reading my posts and threads online, or picking up on something in my demeanor? This was compounded by her sometimes referring to me in a feminine way, "Girl" for example. I calmly didn't react and she apologised though she didn't really need to because it so connected with me.

Later on we got talking again and she shared some of her life and how she hoped it was getting better. I won't go into details out of respect for her privacy, but I do so hope it is. She is such a lovely person, sometimes timid, often a good laugh and one of those people who everyone just can't help liking. She shared a lot and that took a lot of trust, so much so that I feel the need to reciprocate that and maybe share this side to me, (I feel that it would be kept in trust). But was it just the drink buddy kind of thing? That is what I have to decide, but I have to soon as the person is leaving the office to go on to pastures new.

Like I said the possibilities of friendship like this come along very, very rarely in a lifetime. I've been in similar positions and regretted not being open enough once or twice before. What I will say is if that person is reading this blog let me know in work before you leave. If not let's see what happens. Good friends are hard to find.

Till next time Take Care and Have Fun!

No comments: