About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Sunday, 19 July 2009

Dear, dear, dear, dear Johnnie

Luvvieville

Just spent the last four days treading the boards, playing a small part in a musical. It wasn't something I had set out to do, but the opportunity to take part came along via the drama group junior attends. Had to do proper auditions, and attend a few months rehearsals, (I owe some people in work for allowing me to get to them). I have to admit it was fun and having not done something like this since I was at school, I am intrigued now that I want to get more involved. I don't mean on stage, (that is fun though and I wouldn't turn down the opportunity if it arose), but behind the scenes as well. So much goes on and not many people want to get involve with this side of things voluntarily, (maybe not so glamorous?), but again I enjoyed running up ladders etc and preparing the stage. I've helped make props before using my limited artistic talents and they have been made use of here as well. For me it made the experience complete and I think without it you cannot fully appreciate all the work that goes into a production.

Grace's Regrets

Treading the boards meant I had to turn down the opportunity to attend two events with people who know me as Grace. Alright I would be in male mode most probably, but being there is an outing in itself, however brief.

Not had a lot of time to express the Grace side to me either recently. Not too grumpy yet, Well not more than usual any how. But I feel the need growing on me. As an aside I've opted to paint my toenails gold for a while.



Art Appreciation

I've bought myself a painting yesterday. Well it isn't mine just yet, simply reserved. It's nothing too big, probably about A5 in size. I've seen this artist's work around before and have been drawn to them and I've contemplated buying before, (though a little out of my price range). This though just yelled out to be bought and I could afford it. It is a little different from what I've seen before, slightly abstract, but it so identifies with me and the sides to who I am. If all goes well it will soon be on my wall at home, (I do hope so anyway). Don't get me wrong I'm not one to go out and buy art on a regular basis, (I can't remember the last time I did), but that painting had "Grace" written all over it, (well not literally obviously).



School's Out For Summer

This year I'm working full time as opposed to part time. Alongside the fact that our Canada trip took a large chunk of Holiday Entitlement and money, (well worth it mind), I don't think I myself will be able to spend a lot of time with Junior over the next six weeks. My wife will be able to get the chance to spend some additional time with my son which she may not have been able to in past years. A change and I'm not sure what to think about it. I hope that in future I can address the balance again before he is all grown up.



The Lurgy... Dah dah daaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Well it's hardly front page news and in the current climate probably per se but it is only a matter of time before the dreaded swine flu hits a lot of us. I'm meeting a lot of people now who know someone who has, or thinks they may have had it. In work we have a policy in place and a lot of forms and procedures etc etc. We found out a few weeks ago, it is in our building, (a large building mind with lots of organisations over several floors), though not yet on our floor. My colleague has been experiencing a dry cough for about a week. Nothing else mind you and they are troopers to their own detriment often needing someone to send them home so they can concentrate on looking after themselves. Last Wednesday was one of those days. The cough was now accompanied by muscle aches and looking feverish. It was a tough job to convince them to go home and that their work would be covered. Since then the cogs have started turning, we don't know for definite and it may not be, but I've had to put my official management hat on and say that they can't come back until they are showing no symptoms, or until their GP/NHS direct says so. I feel like I'm coming across as a little over the top, but I want to make sure they are looking after themselves. I also have a director keeping an eye on the situation and assisting my handling of it too. It makes me think though with swine flu being reported as mild in the majority of cases, how many people are ignoring it, consciously or subconsciously and the risks this is placing on people who have underlying health problems. I speak from personally worrying with family members in this position should one of us bring this home and also from previous work where I had to consider coming into work with any type of flu/virus and how it could have an adverse effect on people I worked alongside in the care sector.

That's it for now.

Take care and God Bless




No comments: