About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Advent Calendar 22

Have spent most of the day today doing what I enjoy most in work. Working on and discussing LGBT issues etc. That is what keeps me going. Pity it has to be on my own time, mostly as it is secondary to my day to day role. Had a marvellous meeting with a colleague catching up on things and reminiscing how things have developed over the past year. Personally I seem to be much happier and comfortable with myself and this is showing. With regards to the issues at hand and promoting them etc, again I’ve come a long way and currently I’m co-chairing the LGBT staff network. Who’d have though all that would happen in a year? What will next year hold in this respect? I realise I don’t have the weight or possibly the right way of thinking to do much in the way of up front campaigning etc. Gentle persuasion and dialogue I think is more me. There is also a lot to learn from work and the way they do things that I can transfer to these particular issues. Think I might try and pop up from time to time at other group/organisation meetings, or at least offer my perspective if they want to hear it. All can be done quietly and allow me to concentrate on things at home when I need to. Home has to be  a priority next year but I also need to still do things that allow me to develop and express myself. I think, no feel, a balance is possible in this respect.

No comments: