About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Belated New Year Wishes to You!

I hope your holidays went well? Ours here were quiet, from which for all intent and purposes we shall therefore infer that they went well. That didn’t explain as to why I was feeling so exhausted and run down afterwards however. Obviously a result of all that excess and over indulging that we associate with the time of year alongside all the rushing around we usually expect to do. The scales were not on my side however and much of the weight I had lost over the previous four months had magically reappeared overnight.


So I have made some decisions about getting back on track.

• Buy some new scales! The old ones seemed to be jumping wildly from day to day and I was getting uncertain as to whether they needed adjusting before and after I stepped off them. So I have opted to replace the old metric scales with a set of new digital ones. Now I can see even smaller dips or rises in my weight. I’m asking if that is necessarily a good thing? I don’t appear to have put on as much weight as I thought but it is still enough to require some serious attention.

• Seek out some proper exercise! Going for a short walk at lunch is losing its appeal as the weather gets colder. Strangely I’m also finding a distinct lack of enthusiasm to get back into climbing the fifteen floors to work twice a day, which has to be done in its entirety from the start with no access to other floors. There is talk of a Zumba class starting in work, though the date of the taster class seems a little uncertain. I did turn up for one just before Christmas, but being so close to the holidays I was the only person there and we opted to wait until the New Year so more people had the opportunity to try it out. Still waiting. If it doesn’t happen soon I’m going to have to look at something else.

• Stop eating so much chocolate! This is a proper addiction that I definitely liken to trying to stop smoking. So difficult to do and if I thought I can get away with the odd indulgence over Christmas I was very much mistaken. It’s a curse sent to challenge me. I’m sure I’m not alone on this one.

• Take some time out for me! This is notoriously a difficult time for many of us as we try and return to work after the holidays. Headline after headline reports highest sick rates in work at this time of year and yesterday purportedly being the most depressing day of the year (Blue Monday). I was feeling so tired and worn out. I couldn’t get any enthusiasm to do anything. So I booked a long weekend with Friday and Monday specifically just for me. Girl did I need it! On Friday I tried to catch whatever last minute bargains I could in the sales. I came home with some proper knee high boots that can be worn beneath my jeans when I feel the need in male mode as well. Also there were some skirts and a blouse that just screamed out to me. I am happy. Monday was then a full on Grace day for me. Something I haven’t had the opportunity to do for a while. To say I needed it would be an understatement. I felt the great outdoors beckoning though. Relaxing at home is beneficial but last year’s exploit has boosted my confidence as a woman. I will have to make that something to do soon too.

Elsewhere I’m helping out last minute as stage manager for a production so that is helping with the exercise and weight. There is the possibility of some other acting opportunities in a few months but there are more important things possibly happening. We’ve heard from the hospital that there is a possible donor on the next round of the paired donorship scheme. We will know in a few weeks if tissue matches etc are favourable. My wife is a little put out about the acting opportunity and thinks my priorities lie with that. Bit of a no brainer as far as I’m concerned, she couldn’t be further wrong. Getting her well again takes precedence over anything else, no matter what. Try and get her to see that though is another thing. So long as I know that I have my priorities straight on this she will have to wait and see the proof in the pudding.

No comments: