About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Advent Calendar 13

I was sat on the bus the other day, near the back with a handful of teenage girls sat behind me. Then came the inevitable ability to hear everything they were saying. It is a strange phenomenon that one, how everyone on a bus can hear what such girls say. It’s almost as if the volume switch is either broken or has been turned up intentionally. Can’t really guess which? I’m digressing of course, back to their conversation. They start to talk about Trannies. Well one does and starts to say you can always tell one. “Can you?” I think along with the thought they might be talking about me and that this is going to turn into one interesting bus journey if they are. But I have to take a step back and realise there is something different about this situation. The other girl throughout has been putting her friend right on the proper use of terminology and is a lot more matter of fact about the whole thing and appears to be much more clued up on it all. Well done her. Things didn’t get worse for me on that bus and I spent a little while contemplating how things can change one person at a time and not to judge straight away.

No comments: