About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Friday, 3 December 2010

Advent calendar 3

Back on course... Window three on day three.. Yay!

Managed to make it in to work the past few days. At the train station this morning things seemed a tad confusing. No train till 10.30! Other trains moved across to another platform! Station staff telling you to ignore the signs! Oh dear oh dear..! Train came in five minutes after I arrived, not packed and a pleasant journey. Work finished early due to ICT switching off everything early for planned work which they only chose to tell us about half an hour before. Who cares? It was an nice surprise to a slightly longer weekend ahead.

I am however getting miffed with not getting any luck with a few auditions recently. I could go on about how it seemed that the directors had all the parts allocated before the auditions. Jokingly placing bets on who would get them before and getting a lot right. One director even looked miffed that someone she didn't know had turned up to audition. Now I've had the last indignity. Not even getting a part in the New Writing week. Which was bigged up as an ideal opportunity for everyone. Lawd I'm sounding like a disgruntled drama queen. Truth is I'm probably rubbish. I've allowed a lot of what has gone on this past year knock my confidence and it shows when I audition. I'm no spring chicken and this theatre prefers younger actors. And to top it all my long hair et al would also probably make it difficult to cast me. I'm helping out behind the scenes more but not sure I'll keep it up here at least. No one else really wants to do it and those that have end up doing this month in and month out. Yay what fun! I do enjoy all of this but the constant rejection at the moment and the pointless politics does all make it rather feel like a waste of time. Maybe worthwhile seeing what other theatres are doing. Getting a bit tired of being surrounded by self centred youngsters. Bah humbug!

No comments: