About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Sometimes I despair...

...I really do. I think I can understand the sentiment behind some recent comments about someone I know only vaguely. She is not doing herself any favours admittedly, nor the TG cause in a wider public sense. Having said that when I have ever chatted to her she has only ever appeared to be polite and nice to talk to. So what am I despairing about? The reaction by some other people to instantly use derogatory remarks about her supposed level of mental well being. She may be unwell, I have no idea. But those who do use these terms have no idea of the damage they are causing in the wider world themselves and in turn are not doing the TG cause any favours either. You would think perhaps those of us in the TG world world have a greater empathy to not use such language. Sadly it doesn't and simply reflects the wide range of people that make up the TG conglomerate. Vive la difference so long as it is within reason it seems. If not let's treat it like grown ups and see if there is a better way of expressing our concerns I say.

No comments: