Quiet here in old blogland innit?
Well I have had other things on, so I hope you will forgive me? I'm still here, maybe not doing so much in this ethersphere, but still here.
Things are OK. Work continues to be a pain, though I find I'm coming out to more people there in my role within the LGBT group. Hopefully we can start getting things out there in the public forum this year. Let's see. Strangely with regards to being more open personally, I'm finding it is just another thing, no biggie, but it is with colleagues I'm gauging as trustworthy first. Let's see what happens if it becomes more openly known. I've no real reason to have to come out. Transition is not something I want, as I have said before. I'm your typical closeted trans person trying to find a balance. As such I don't have a reason to be out there other than to show people like me exist within the world and therefore need consideration.
Work continues to be challenging generally. I'll say no more on that. Nothing to update regarding the live donor stuff either.
Have to admit to following Corrie for the first time in years, to see what happens with the Marc/Marcia story. Seems positive on the whole, reflecting a lot of the different aspects encountered. What stands out most is living as yourself and being accused/labelling yourself as the 'other woman'. Difficult to get over and through. Let's see how they develop this story. Only niggle I would have was Marcia's friend confronting Audrey in what seemed to be a drag artist's bitchy riposte of "Who's he?!" Are there really people out there like that? OK there are I suppose but it did seem to reflect a lack of understanding. Was there a need for that other than for Audrey to reply that she was the "real deal!" Artistic/dramatic license probably to develop the plot line, so I would suggest cutting them some slack.
I'm in another play this summer. A smaller role which suits me fine at the moment with so much going on elsewhere. Shakespeare don't you know and quite a funny one too. Still not entirely comfortable within the falseness of some of the things that go with theatre, but if I'm aware of it at least I can try and ignore it or give it a wide berth.
The little I have lost weight-wise went out the window over Easter and I have to start all over again. So I will have to make sure I don't get involved in too many after rehearsal drinks. Have to admit to having a glass of red wine tonight. Apologies if this seems blog seems a bit jumpy. Hope you'll understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment