Or Happy Saint David's Day if you prefer.
The production is now over and while I recover from the closing night party all I am looking forward to is sleep... Lots of it! I'm too tired to shave my beard today, but it is definitely coming off tomorrow. The play got rave reviews, "One of the best productions by the company" which is high praise indeed. Got a few positive compliments myself which I am trying hard to accept. I find I am a little self critical but it is nice to get compliments all the same. The whole cast were exceptionally strong.
So now back to normality. The past week and the play has in itself provided some kind of respite from the previous week's trials. I have gained some strength from my initial coping strategies, which I never realised were in place until now. I do however realise that they are just ways of coping and not for building positively in the longer term. To just rely on them would allow them to be unpicked or chipped away at until they became ineffective. There is a level of uncertainty about. Some things have definitely moved forward, (sorry for those who hate that term), others are in a state of limbo. Let's wait, stay calm, collected and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment