About Me

My photo
Living life somewhere along the transgender scale. Found life easier when I accepted me for who I am. Still get confused sometimes. Who wouldn't?

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Poetic Musing (Go on, humour me)

Walk by me today and you may not recognise the person you see. Hair is turning back to grey, though it is still quite long and I have a beard upon my face, neatly trimmed but more white now, with the hint of a more mature age in its portrayal. My outward feminine expression has taken a step backwards into the shadows, for now at least, and I am existing to a greater extent as my male self.

Not saying I’m particularly enjoying it. Oh no. I am in fact missing the Gracie moments in my life, but I cannot be sure when those will re-emerge, for now. Grace will be back, for she hasn’t really left. How can an intrinsic part of who I am, ever really leave?
She is here as I write, her voice is interpreted and understood as you read, with luck, perceived to be female and for that I thank you. I am here as she writes, my voice interpreted and understood as you read, with luck, not perceived to be male and for that I thank you.  An assumption on my part yes, but one you must surely allow.

A time now to recoup; a time to renew, to replace some lost energy and to rebuild from the inside.
So walk by me today and you may not recognise the person you see, but I am here. Never left, never leaving, never going nowhere, going somewhere. No matter who you see, you see me.

No comments: